Thursday, July 26, 2012

Angry Birds


Angry birds is a strategy video game, since most people are using smart phones nowadays, so I believe it is not strange to us.

Last weekend while my father was preparing a flour dough for the raisin and walnut bread, I suddenly remembered I have bought some polymer clay that I didn't use. So I made a set of angry birds.

According to Wikipedia, polymer clay is a sculptable material based on the polymer polyvinyl chloride (PVC). It usually contains no clay minerals, and is only called "clay" because its texture and working properties resemble those of mineral clay. It looks like play dough, but it can be oven-bake after sculpting.

                                                       

I only had black, white, red, yellow and navy at that time. So I mixed red+yellow to orange color, black+white to grey, and navy+white to light blue. It really took me a lot of time to mix colors because polymer clay is not that soft, it is hard as a gum after chewing half an hour.

I first made the shape of body, then the eye brows, eyes, and noses. Make the hair and tails last. Remember lighter colors go first, because you don't want dark colors stick on those light colors. 

After you sculting the items you like, put in a toaster or an oven, then set the temperature as 275°F (130°C). It is depends on how big the items is, I baked about 5-8 mins for each small bird. ( I tried the small egg first to see how long it took). After baking, you may leave the PC item in the oven to cool down.  
   

I really enjoyed how I made these famous birds, I posted online, and all my firends asked me where did I buy them ;D  I also think that you may try to make these birds with real flour, and serve them in a party or as a great gift to someone else! 






    

No comments:

Post a Comment