Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Lovely Cheese Shrimp


I remember when I was little, my parents always bought me a birthday cake on my birth date which is so general. Last week was my little 6 years-old cousin's birthday, I made him a dish of lovely fish shaped cheese shrimp, and he almost finished them all!!!

Shrimp are low in calories but is a wonderfully nutritious alternative to meat proteins. Mostly the nutrients are selenium, protein, vitamin B3 & B12, and choline, etc. Although shrimp taste so delicious, it is totally banned to some minor allergic people especially seafood.

I decided to make this is because children just so like deep fried food, cheese, and shrimp. Obviously, my cousin is not one of the minor ;D

           Prep  time:  40 mins
           Cook time: 30 mins

          Ingredients:
  • Pieces of shrimp (I used 10, but some didn't look good...)
  • 4 pieces of cheese
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 cup panko
  • 1 cup starch
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • some black sesame

           Preparation:
1. Clean the shrimps.

2. Remove heads, shells, and intestines. Leave tails!

3. Pat dry the shrimps, and dip in the starch.

4. Wrap half piece of cheese, and brust liquid egg.
    (I used toothpicks to bind cheese and shrimp)

5. Dip in panko and brust liquid egg, and panko again to make them look like shrimp balls.

6. Deep fried in hot oil, take out when they turn to golden.


7. Cut cucumber, don't cut off the first two slices.

8. Bend the second slice to make like a flower.

9. Chop some red pepper to decorate the dish. 


Use mayonnaise and black sesame to make fish eyes. 

Then enjoy them!!!











  

No comments:

Post a Comment